oil field trash

(redirected from oilfield)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

oil field trash

slang A typically blue-collar worker who is employed in the extraction or production of petroleum. (Can be considered pejorative, depending on the context and the intention of the speaker or author.) Sometimes simplified to "oil trash." The oil rigs are the only big employers around these parts, so 9 out of 10 people you meet are oil field trash like me. The businessmen who control the oil companies in this country don't give a rat's behind about us oil field trash who make the whole thing work.
See also: field, oil, trash

oil trash

slang A typically blue-collar worker who is employed in the extraction or production of petroleum. (Can be considered pejorative, depending on the context and the intention of the speaker or author.) The oil rigs are the only big employers around these parts, so 9 out of 10 people you meet are oil trash like me. The businessmen who control the oil companies in this country don't give a rat's behind about us oil trash who make the whole thing work.
See also: oil, trash
References in periodicals archive ?
Rise in oil production and exploration activities is generating the need for oilfield chemicals.
The market is currently in a growth stage and presents extensive opportunities for oilfield chemical manufacturers.
These systems were designed for oilfield produced and reuse applications and have been used in multiple oilfield basins.
Pickett Oilfield, LLC encourages visitors to navigate and explore the new website.
Field sources said in March that the US forces built a new and advanced military base in al-Omar oilfield in Southeastern Deir Ezzur, adding that they also transferred a large volume of arms and equipment, including missiles, military vehicles and bridge equipment to the regions of their deployment in Koniko oilfield, al-Omar oilfield and al-Jafreh.
The post Bahrain discovers largest oilfield in decades appeared first on Cyprus Mail .
He further noted that it is important for Kazakh oilfield services and contracting companies to jump into the outgoing train of the expansion projects of the Tengiz and Karachaganak fields.
The solar-generated steam and electricity will reduce natural gas currently used onsite in oilfield operations.
Engineering, Procurement and Construction contract has been awarded to China Petroleum Engineering & Construction Corporation (CPECC), affiliated to China National Petroleum (CNPC) to carry out the works at Bab onshore oilfield.
Rubicon Oilfield International Holdings designs, manufactures and sells and/or rents oilfield products in every major oilfield market around the globe.
As president of OHH, Rachal will ensure that OHH remains a premier support resource for oilfield families in crisis within six regional chapters in active oilfield communities across the US.
Total won a 30% stake in a new 25-year contract to operate Qatar's largest offshore oilfield. State-owned Qatar Petroleum (QP) would keep the remaining 70% in the new joint venture for the Al- Shaheen field, which is 80 km off Qatar's coast and currently produces around 300,000 barrels per day (bpd).
Saudi Arabia's oilfield chemicals markets is set to exceed $960 million by 2020, a research report says.
Last year, the rebels captured Tharjiath oilfield, south of the state capital, Bentiu, and controlled some of the Unity oilfields, forcing them to temporarily shut down and reducing the oil production in the country by at least 40% from 265,000 barrels a day to 165,000 barrels per a day.
BANKING AND CREDIT NEWS-February 2, 2015-Stranded Oil Resources purchases Teapot Dome Oilfield