occupy (someone or oneself) by (doing something)(redirected from occupy myself by)
occupy (someone or oneself) by (doing something)
To keep oneself or someone else busy or distracted by doing something. A: "It might take a while for this to finish up." B: "Don't worry about me, I can occupy myself by reading." Dan's occupying the kids by showing them different bugs in the back yard.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open for (something)
- leave oneself wide open for
- keep (someone or something) in sight
- keep in sight
- keep sight of
- keep sight of (someone or something)
- keep sight of somebody/something
- leave open
- leave yourself wide open to something
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open to (something)