oblige (one) by (doing something)(redirected from obliges him by)
oblige (one) by (doing something)
To make one indebted by doing something for them or on their behalf; to do something that accommodates one. You're under no circumstances required to oblige your employers by giving up your legal rights in this case. I was wondering if you would oblige me by picking up a parcel for me from the post office.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
oblige someone by something
to accommodate someone by doing something. Please oblige me by closing the window. Would you oblige me by accompanying me to the dance?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (one) could use (something)
- (one) never would have guessed
- (one) doesn't give a rip (about something)
- (one) doesn't give a hoot (about something)
- (one) won't hear of (something)
- (one's) heart is set on (something)
- (one) could stand (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a whole different animal
- a whole different beast