Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to nuts: go nuts
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. noun, vulgar slang The testicles. I kicked the mugger in the nuts and grabbed my wallet back off him. He grabbed his nuts in a lewd gesture to the crowd.
2. noun, vulgar slang Confidence, self-esteem, motivation, etc. Often but not always said of a man. You've got nuts standing up to them like that, man. He doesn't have the nuts to try a plan that bold.
3. adjective Crazy; manic or eccentric; out of one's mind. Trying to figure out what's wrong with this computer is driving me nuts! You're totally nuts if you think they'll let you get away with it.
4. interjection An exclamation of dismay, frustration, or exasperation. Ah, nuts! I left my lunchbox on the school bus! A: "Nuts!" B: "What's wrong?" A: "The screwdriver slipped out of my hand and left a big gash in the wall."
slang In poker, the winning or best possible hand of cards. I knew I had the nuts, so I decided to slow play until the river.
See also: nuts
1. mod. crazy. (There is no difference in pronunciation between nuts and nutz.) That whole idea is just nuts!
2. exclam. No!; I don’t believe you!; I don’t care! (Usually Nuts!) Oh, nuts! I forgot my wallet.
3. n. the testicles. (Usually objectionable.) Chuck got kneed in the nuts in a football game.
- (from) soup to nuts
- be nuts about
- be nuts about (someone or something)
- be off (one's) nut
- bug nut
- bust (one's) nuts
- bust nuts
- bust nuts to do something
- bust one’s ass to do something
- bust one’s nuts
- bust one’s nuts to do something
- can't (do something) for nuts
- crazy about
- do (one's) nut
- drive batty
- drive someone bonkers
- drive someone crazy
- drive someone nuts
- everything from soup to nuts
- for nuts
- from soup to nuts
- get down to the nuts and bolts
- get one’s nuts off
- get one’s rocks off
- go crazy
- go nuts
- nut up
- nuts about, be
- nuts and bolts
- nuts and bolts, the
- nuts to (someone)
- nuts to this/that
- Nuts to you!
- The gods send nuts to those who have no teeth
- the nuts
- the nuts and bolts
- the nuts and bolts of something
- you're nuts