nurts(redirected from nurts!)
1. adjective, dated Crazy; eccentric or nonsensical. Equivalent to "nuts." Trying to figure out what's wrong with this computer is driving me nurts! You're totally nurts if you think they'll let you get away with it.
2. interjection, dated An expression dismay, frustration, or exasperation. Equivalent to "nuts." Ah, nurts! I left my lunchbox on the school bus! Oh, nurts! The screwdriver slipped out of my hand and left a big gash in the wall."
nurts to this/that
slang This/that is totally dumb and is not worth my time or effort. A: "We've been trying to get this dishwasher working for over an hour, and we haven't gotten anywhere with it." B: "Yeah, nurts to this. Let's just go buy a new one." A: "The boss wants you to come in on Saturday to go through the inventory." B: "nurts to that—I'll be on a plane to Mexico!"
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
nurtsand nerts (nɚts)
1. n. nonsense. Oh, that’s just nerts. I don’t believe a word of it.
2. interj. a mild expression of distress or dismay. (Usually Nerts!; Nurts!.) Oh, nerts! I forgot my wallet.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- have toys in the attic
- have a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock
- have kangaroos in (one's)/the top paddock
- have kangaroos in the top paddock
- have kangaroos in your top paddock
- ask a silly question and you get a silly answer
- ask a stupid question and you'll get a stupid answer
- have got bats in (one's) belfry