nudge out(redirected from nudge me out)
1. To move in a vehicle, especially a car, slowly out of, into, or onto something. Now, drive the car carefully to the end of the driveway and nudge out onto the road.
2. To guide a vehicle slowly out of, into, or onto something. A noun or pronoun can be used between "nudge" and "out." She nudged the car out of the garage and waited for an opening in traffic. It's pretty cramped in here, so you'll want to nudge the boat out of the marina very carefully.
3. To push someone or something out (of something or some place) gently or incrementally. A noun or pronoun can be used between "nudge" and "out." A large group of tourists came into the bar and started nudging me out of my seat. I nudged the box out of the stack so as not to topple the whole thing.
4. To force someone or something gradually to leave (something or place) over time. A noun or pronoun can be used between "nudge" and "out." These giant retailers have been nudging out local businesses for the last few years. I get the feeling that the board of directors is trying to nudge me out of the company.
5. To overtake someone in a competition or leaderboard, especially by a narrow margin or degree. A noun or pronoun can be used between "nudge" and "out." The other sales team nudged us out of the lead by just a few percentage points. The newcomer managed to nudge out the reigning champion by just a few points at the end of the match.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.