not so much as (do something)(redirected from not so much as)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
not so much as (do something)
To not do something that would be considered polite, normal, or expected of someone; to not do what someone thought or accused one of. You didn't so much as knock before barging into my room! I never so much as look at other men, but he is still horribly jealous and suspicious of me.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- be like ships that pass in the night
- be ships that pass in the night
- be like ships passing in the night
- (one) is not going to eat (someone)
- a dog in the manger
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey