not know one end (of something) from another(redirected from not know one end of something from another)
not know one end (of something) from another
To have absolutely no knowledge about something. I don't know one end from another when it comes to computers, so you'll have to explain this to me really slowly. What's an attachment again? Jeff wouldn't know one end of a baby from another. Thank goodness Frank is there to help babysit.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
not know/not be able to tell ˌone end of something from the ˈother(informal) know absolutely nothing about something, for example a machine: Don’t ask me to fix the car. I don’t know one end of an engine from the other.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- be no question that (something will happen/is the case)
- be certain that (something will happen or is the case)
- where on God's green earth
- look for (someone or something) high and low
- look for high and low
- (I'll be) hanged if I know!
- by all means
- you can bet the farm that (something will happen or is the case)