not give a hoot
Also found in: Dictionary.
not give a hoot (about something)
To not care in the slightest (about something); to attach no importance to something. I don't give a hoot about making money, I just want to do something with my life that helps other people. I haven't given a hoot for the show ever since they killed off my favorite character.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
not give a hootor
not give two hootsINFORMAL
If you say that you don't give a hoot or don't give two hoots about something, you mean that you do not care about it at all. I don't give a hoot about what they think. These politicians don't give two hoots about the ordinary people.
Collins COBUILD Idioms Dictionary, 3rd ed. © HarperCollins Publishers 2012
not care/give a ˈhoot (about somebody/something)(also not care/give two ˈhoots (about somebody/something)) (informal) not care at all: I don’t care two hoots about having money, as long as I’m happy.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- (one) doesn't give a hoot (about something)
- (one) doesn't give a rip (about something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a/the feel of (something)
- a whack at (something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- a fast talker