Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
hobnob with (someone)
To interact with someone, typically someone who has more power, fame, or success than oneself. I can't hobnob with those ladies—they're executives at the biggest company in town!
See also: hobnob
dated A rounded knob mounted to the steering wheel of an automobile so that it may be steered with one hand. So called because the driver (typically male) is able to place his arm around his girlfriend or wife. My grandfather gave me his old Cadillac, which still had the necker's knob on the wheel from when he first started courting my grandmother.
See also: knob
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (one's) heart goes out to (someone)
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- be one in the eye for
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)