Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. I agree; you're right, that's true. A: "Wow, that exam was brutally difficult." B: "Yeah, no kidding!"
2. Are you being serious? A: "My aunt has a cabin we could use for the weekend." B: "No kidding? That would be awesome!"
3. I'm being honest or serious. No kidding, this boot camp will get you in the best shape of your life.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. Inf. You are not kidding me, are you? (An expression of mild surprise.) Jane: I got elected vice president. Bill: No kidding! That's great!
2. Inf. Everyone already knows that! Did you just find that out? (Sarcastic.) Sue: It looks like taxes will be increasing. Tom: No kidding! What do you expect? Alice: I'm afraid I'm putting on a little weight. Jane: No kidding!
See also: no
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Truly, seriously, as in No kidding, I really did lose my wallet. [Colloquial; first half of 1900s]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1 (sometimes ironic) used to emphasize that something is true or that you agree with something that somebody has just said: ‘It’s cold!’ ‘No kidding!’
2 used to show that you mean what you are saying: I want the money back tomorrow. No kidding.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
exclam. I am not kidding.; You are not kidding (are you)? No kidding! I never thought she would do that.
See also: no
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Used to express surprise or disbelief.
2. Used to express scornful acknowledgment of the obvious.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.