Also found in: Dictionary, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
1. Disregard that; don't worry or bother yourself about it. A: "What did you say?" B: "Never mind, it wasn't important."
2. Especially not, considering what was just said. He can barely write a coherent email, never mind an entire book!
it don't make (me) no nevermind
slang I have no preference. A: "Where do you want to go for dinner?" B: "It don't make me no nevermind—wherever you want to go."
(It) makes no difference to me.and (It) makes me no difference.; (It) makes me no nevermind.; (It) don't make me no nevermind.
Inf. I really do not care, one way or the other. (The first one is standard, the others are colloquial.) Bill: Mind if I sit here? Tom: Makes no difference to me. Bill: What would you say if I ate the last piece of cake? Bob: Don't make me no nevermind.
1. Don't worry about something, don't trouble yourself, it doesn't matter. For example, Never mind what I said, it wasn't important, or Never mind, you can always take the driver's test again. This expression employs mind in the sense of "care about something," a usage dating from the late 1700s.
2. Also, never you mind. Don't concern yourself with that, it's none of your business, as in Never you mind where I plan to buy the new TV. [Early 1800s]
never mind1 used to urge someone not to feel anxiety or distress. 2 used to suggest that a problem or objection is not important. 3 also never you mind used in refusing to answer a question. 4 used to indicate that what has been said about one thing applies even more to another.
1 (especially British English) used to tell somebody not to worry or be upset: You failed your driving test? Never mind, the best drivers always fail the first time.
2 used to suggest that something is not important: This isn’t the place I wanted to take you to — but never mind, it’s just as good.
3 used to emphasize that what is true about the first thing you have said is even more true about the second: I never thought she’d win once, never mind twice!
It don’t make (me) no nevermind
phr. It doesn’t matter to me. Go ahead! Do it! It don’t make me no nevermind.
It don’t make no nevermindverb
phr. Forget it.; It doesn’t matter anymore. Never mind. I forget what I was going to say.
Used to tell someone not to be concerned or worried.
1. Don't bother: I was hoping for some help, but never mind, I'll do it alone.
2. Not to mention; and certainly not: I can't tread water, never mind swim.