Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
To lie or exist immediately adjacent to something else. The two countries both neighbor on a piece of land they both claim as their own, which has been the source of constant warfare and skirmishes over the years. It's a beautiful house, but once we found out it neighbored on a municipal dump, the extremely low price made sense.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
neighbor on something
to be directly adjacent to something. Our house neighbors on a park. The park neighbors on a stretch of beach.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- place (someone or something) next to (someone or something else)
- place next to
- put (someone or something) next to (someone or something else)
- give the lie to, to
- next-door neighbor
- one's next-door neighbor
- give the lie to
- give the lie to (something)
- give the lie to something
- glance over at (someone or something)