Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
informal To provoke one with teasing or goading remarks or acts. She just kept needling me with condescending comments about my sales numbers. You need to stop needling Tom. You may think it's all in good fun, but it's making him genuinely upset.
See also: needle
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
tv. to annoy someone. Tom is always needling Frank.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) sharp as a needle
- a needle in a haystack
- be like finding a needle in a haystack
- be like looking for a needle in a haystack
- be like trying to find a needle in a haystack
- be on pins and needles
- camel through a needle's eye, a
- camel through the eye of a needle
- darning needle
- eye of the needle
- get pins and needles
- get the (dead) needle
- get the needle
- have pins and needles
- like finding a needle in a haystack
- like looking for a needle in a haystack
- like looking for/trying to find a needle in a haystack
- move the needle
- needle (one)
- needle (one) about (something)
- needle about
- needle candy
- needle in a haystack
- needle in a haystack, (like finding) a
- on pins and needles
- on pins and needles, to be
- on the needle
- pins and needles
- put a rope to the eye of a needle
- sharp as a needle
- the eye of a needle
- thread the needle
- vaccinated with a gramophone needle
- vaccinated with a Victrola needle