need(redirected from needing)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to needing: kneading
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
Requiring to be completed or acted upon. I'm finished with my work for the day, if there's anything else you need doing. That grass needs cutting when you have a chance.
See also: need
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
need (to be)
done Go to need doing.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (one) needs to get out more
- (someone) needs to take several seats
- (something) is all (one) needs
- (something) is just what (one) needs
- (there's) no need (to)
- a crying need
- a friend in need
- a friend in need is a friend indeed
- a helping hand
- citation needed
- cry for
- crying need
- Do I have to spell it out?
- Do I need to paint (you) a picture?
- firm hand
- friend in need
- friend in need is a friend indeed
- friend in need is a friend indeed, a
- grow to (do something)
- he that is down need fear no fall
- I don't need this
- I need a drink
- I need it yesterday
- if need be
- if there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask
- in (one's) hour of need
- in need
- in need (of something)
- in your hour of need
- liars need good memories
- need (doing)
- need (one's) head examined
- need (one's) head tested
- need (something) (about) as much a fish needs a bicycle
- need (something) (about) as much as (one) needs a hole in the head
- need (something) like (one) needs a hole in the head
- need (something) like a fish needs a bicycle
- need (something) like a hole in the head, to
- need (something) so bad (that) (one) can taste it
- need (something) yesterday
- need a fix
- need a fix of (something)
- need doing
- need I remind you (that)
- need I remind you of (something)
- need I remind you that
- Need I say more?
- need like a hole in the head
- need something like a hole in the head
- need to be done
- need to let off (some) steam
- need to let out (some) steam
- need to vent (to someone)
- need yesterday
- need your head examined
- need, want, etc. your head examined
- need/want somebody/something like a hole in the head
- needs must
- no need
- so bad one can taste it
- some elbow room
- some shut-eye
- that's all I need
- that's all needs
- We don't need no stinkin' (something)!
- we need to talk
- you need to bait the hook to catch the fish