mulct (one) out of (something)(redirected from mulct them out of)
mulct (one) out of (something)
To get something from one through deceptive, fraudulent, or underhanded means; to cheat one out of something. It came to light that he had been trying to mulct his sister out of her inheritance. The company mulcted its clients out of millions of dollars in fraudulently invested funds.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
mulct something out of someone
to cheat something away from someone. Are you trying to mulct my inheritance out of me? Max tried to mulct every last cent out of his victim.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (one) could use (something)
- (one) never would have guessed
- (one) doesn't give a rip (about something)
- (one) doesn't give a hoot (about something)
- (one) won't hear of (something)
- (one's) heart is set on (something)
- (one) could stand (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- all right