Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
lose (one's) mojo
To lose one's confidence, energy, or enthusiasm, especially coinciding with a decline in one's success. After his last book didn't sell very well, it just seems like Jack has lost his mojo. Ever since my divorce, I feel like I've lost my mojo with single men.
get (one's) mojo back
To regain one's confidence, energy, or enthusiasm, especially coinciding with a resurgence in one's success. With his latest book, it's clear that the renowned author has finally gotten his mojo back. It's been a couple of years since my divorce, and I'm ready to start getting my mojo back in the dating scene.
on the mojo
slang Currently using, intoxicated by, or addicted to hard opiates, especially heroin or morphine. I assumed he was on the mojo because the glassy, vacant look in his eyes. You can tell Tara's back on the mojo again—she's been looking really sick and out of it lately.
lose your mojo
If someone loses their mojo, they become less successful, happy, or energetic. The singer has long ago lost his mojo. Note: Mojo is used in many other structures to mean the state of being successful, happy, and energetic. `I've got my mojo back,' Nolan said yesterday. How can I get my mojo working again and convince the women in my life that I'm still attractive? Note: The word `mojo' is from an African-American dialect and it refers to witchcraft or magic.
1. n. magic or spells. (Assumed to originate with African slaves. Very old.) The old lady was said to possess powerful “mojo” which the others feared her for.
2. n. power; charisma. She seemed to radiate a penetrating mojo that made her easy to deal with.
3. n. sex appeal; sex drive. Man, does he have mojo to spare!
4. n. heroin; morphine; cannabis. (see also on the mojo.) Why don’t you try to kick the mojo?
5. n. a narcotics addict. (Drugs.) These mojos will rob you blind if you don’t keep an eye on them.
on the mojo(...ˈmodʒo)
mod. addicted to morphine; using morphine. (see also mojo.) How long you been on the mojo?