Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. adjective Cut to just below the knee or the middle of one's calf. I was surprised to hear that girls are moving away from the midi style, instead preferring dresses and skirts that reach all the way to their feet.
2. noun A skirt, dress, coat, etc., cut to such a length. I decided to wear this cute little midi for my date—fun and carefree without being too informal or suggestive.
3. adjective Of or relating to a specific format used to compose, edit, and store digital music. Typically put in all capital letters, as it is an acronym for "Musical Instrument Digital Interface." Be sure to save the songs as MIDI files if you want to use them in the project. The MIDI sound is so 1995—don't you have anything a little bit more modern sounding?
4. noun Any piece of music or sound composed, edited, and stored according to the MIDI format. Typically capitalized, as it is an acronym for "Musical Instrument Digital Interface." I love the sound of MIDIs they used in video games when I was a kid. The web interface is pretty primitive, honestly. You could play a MIDI if you wanted, but that's about it.
1. n. a mid-length woman’s garment. Shall I wear my midi, or is it too hot?
2. mod. having to do with a mid-length woman’s garment. This midi style is out, and the mini is back in.