melt away(redirected from melt it away)
1. To change from a solid state into a liquid; to melt. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "melt" and "away." The sun should melt away some of this snow. The ice melted away in a matter of minutes.
2. To lessen and disappear. My nerves just melted away as soon as I stepped on the stage and started to sing.
3. To cause something to lessen and disappear. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "melt" and "away." That massage was great—it totally melted all of my tension away.
melt something away
to cause something to melt into a liquid. The sun melted the ice away. The sun melted away the ice.
to melt into a liquid. The ice cubes melted away quickly in the intense heat. When the wax candles melted away, they ruined the lace tablecloth.
1. To dissipate or fade away by or as if by melting: As the sun rose, the fog melted away.
2. To cause something to dissipate or fade away by or as if by melting: The medication melted my anxiety away. The soothing words melted away the child's fears.