Also found in: Dictionary, Wikipedia.
Related to meet up: match
1. verb To meet at a location, typically not either person's home. Hey, let's meet up at the coffee shop later. I have to run to an appointment now. Can I meet up with you later?
2. noun An organized gathering of some kind, usually of people with similar interests. In this usage, the term is usually spelled as one word. There's a sci-fi meetup in the library later. Are you coming?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. To come together at a place, especially in order to accomplish something; meet: Let's meet up after the meeting and discuss this further.
2. meet up to To have some required level of quality: I think our performance will meet up to your expectations. I hope my new car will meet up to the demands of all the driving that I have to do for my job.
3. meet up with To come together with someone or something, especially in order to accomplish something; meet with someone or something: We'll meet up with the others later and decide where to eat dinner.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.