Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. To reach or cause to reach a limit or threshold after which no further achievement, potential, progress, etc. is possible. I made the terrible mistake of maxing out my credit cards to get the business up and running. I'm good at crossword puzzles but that one is where I max out.
2. slang To relax; to chill. I'm not busy, just maxing out. Want to come over and chill?
1. Sl. exhausted; tired. lam just maxed out. I haven't been getting enough sleep. I had to stop work because I was too maxed out.
2. Sl. intoxicated. Sam was maxed out and seemed happy enough to sit under the table and whimper. I hadn't seen Barlowe so maxed out in years. He was nearly paralyzed.
1. mod. exhausted; tired. I am just maxed out. I haven’t been getting enough sleep.
2. mod. alcohol intoxicated. I hadn’t seen Marlowe so maxed out in years. He was nearly paralyzed.