make much play with (something)(redirected from make much play with)
make much play with (something)
To depict or present something in a grandiose or ostentatious manner so as to draw attention to it and make it seem very important. The film makes much play with the supposed antagonistic relationship between the two great thinkers. As public opinion shifts, some politicians are making much play with their party's historic opposition to the law.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- make much play of (something)
- make great play of something
- make great, much, etc. play of/with something
- make (a) great play of (something)
- make (a) big play of (something)
- keep (something) in proportion
- make an entrance
- parade in front of
- parade in front of (someone or something)
- depict (one) as (something)