make certain (that) something(redirected from make certain that)
make certain (that) something
To check something in order to confirm that it is true, correct, or happening. I just want to make certain that our meeting is still on for tomorrow morning. Will you make certain that our bags are on the train?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
make ˈcertain (that...)find out whether something is definitely true: I think there’s a bus at 8 o’clock but you’d better call to make certain.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- leave the door open
- leave the door open for
- leave the door open for (something or doing something)
- take the chance (to do something)
- take the occasion
- take the occasion (to do something)
- take the opportunity (to do something)
- have half an eye on (someone or something)
- have one eye on (someone or something)
- keep half an eye on (someone or something)