make certain of something/of doing something
make certain of (something)
To check something in order to confirm that it is true, correct, or is happening. I just want call the restaurant and make certain of our reservations for tonight. I always get to the airport two hours early to be certain of making my flight.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
make certain of something
to check something in order to be sure. Please make certain of what you want to do. Would you please make certain of the number of things you want to order?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
make certain of something/of doing somethingdo something in order to be sure that something else will happen: You’ll have to leave soon to make certain of getting there on time.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- make certain of
- make certain of (something)
- take (something) as (the) gospel truth
- take (something) as gospel
- take (something) for (the) gospel truth
- take (something) for gospel
- take as gospel
- take something as gospel
- take something as/for gospel/gospel truth
- leave the door open for (something or doing something)