make (a) big play of (something)(redirected from make big play of something)
make (a) big play of (something)
To draw attention to something in a grandiose or ostentatious manner so as to make it seem very important. The film makes big play of the supposed antagonistic relationship between the two big thinkers. As public opinion shifts, the party's politicians are making a big play of their historic opposition to the law.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- make great play of something
- make great, much, etc. play of/with something
- make (a) great play of (something)
- make much play of (something)
- make much play with (something)
- make an entrance
- parade in front of
- parade in front of (someone or something)
- make a great show of
- make a great show of (doing something)