make a production of
make a production (out) of (something)
To make something much more elaborate, complicated, and/or difficult than it is or needs to be. We're just going for a drive into the countryside for the afternoon. I don't know why you're making a big production out of it. The bosses always like to make a big production of our weekly meetings, when they could just save us all the time and send the information in an email.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
make a production ofdo something in an unnecessarily elaborate or complicated way.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- make a production (out) of (something)
- make a production of something
- in a small way
- (Do) you mean to say (that) (something is the case)?
- (Do) you mean to tell me (that) (something is the case)?
- make ready to (do something)
- give (someone) the royal treatment
- a nod is as good as a wink
- a nod's as good as a wink