make a hit with (someone)(redirected from make a hit with us)
make a hit with (someone)
To make a very good impression with someone; to be very well liked by someone or some group. You really made a big hit with m friends—they can't stop gushing about you. Apparently my prime rib roast made a hit with Janet's boss. The announcement that they were entering the mobile phone market made a hit with investors.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
make a hit with someone
to please someone; to impress someone. The dessert you served really made a hit with the guests. Her talk made a hit with the audience.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
be/make a (big, etc.) ˈhit with somebodybe liked very much by somebody when they first meet you: You’ve made quite a hit with my mother. She really likes you. ♢ The new teacher is a big hit with all the students as well as the other members of staff.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)