Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to mack: Connie Mack
built like a Mack Truck
cliché Having an extremely large, muscular, and physically imposing physique. Refers to American truck-manufacturing company Mack Trucks, Inc. Primarily heard in US. Man, you're built like a Mack Truck! You'd be a great addition to the football team as a linebacker! Did you see that bouncer? He's built like a Mack Truck—there's no way we're getting past him!
1. noun, slang Someone who procures customers for a prostitute; a pimp. You try to leave without paying, and my mack will hunt you down and cut you up. The girls banded together and beat the mack to within an inch of his life, leaving him bleeding on the doorstep of the police station with four ounces of cocaine in his jacket.
2. noun, slang One's ability to seduce or sexually proposition someone. Used especially in the phrase "get (one's) mack on." I was trying to get my mack on with Samantha when you came over talking about video games and junk! The other girls and I all got ready in our hotel room, each of us looking to find some hot guys and get our mack on.
3. verb, slang To attempt to seduce or sexually proposition someone. Typically followed by "on (someone)." Look at John trying to mack on those girls at the bar—he's at least twice their age! I asked Jeff if he wants to come play soccer with us, but all he wants to do is go mack on girls at the mall.
slang A man who is skilled at seducing or alluring sexual partners; a man who has sex frequently with different partners. He thinks he's a mack daddy cause he slept around a little in college.
mack on (one)
slang To attempt to seduce or sexually proposition one. Look at John trying to mack on that woman at the bar—he's at least twice her age! I asked Jeff if he wants to come play soccer with us, but all he wants to do is go mack on girls at the mall.
slang To improve the performance or appearance of something by customizing it with new components or decorations. A noun or pronoun can be used between "mack" and "out." I bought a car for less than $2,000, then macked it out with speakers, new tires, and a sick paint job. The company urges people to bring in their old, beat-up computers and let their team of engineers mack out the old machines, rather than throw them away and buy brand new ones.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. a generic name for a man. (Also a term of address.) Look, Mac, you want to make some big money?
n. a pimp. (From mackerel, a form of which once had the meaning “broker.”) This gal’s mack was slapping her silly when the police came.
n. a man who is popular with the ladies. Sam is a real mack daddy. Sure knows how to treat the ladies.
mack on someone
1. in. to make a sexual proposition to someone. You try to mack on anything that wears a skirt!
2. in. to make out with someone. Sam is in the back room macking on Mary.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.