look to (someone or something)(redirected from look to me)
look to (someone or something)
1. To depend on someone to provide something. Students look to their professors for guidance.
2. To expect something to happen. I look to get a response today.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
look to someone or something (for something)
to expect someone or something to supply something. Children look to their parents for help. Tom looked to the bank for a loan.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. Pay attention to, take care of, as in You'd best look to your own affairs. [c. 1300]
2. Anticipate or expect, as in We look to hear from her soon. [c. 1600]
3. look to be. Seem to be, promise to be, as in This looks to be a very difficult assignment. [Mid-1700s]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. To rely on someone or something: He looks to his parents for support when things get tough.
2. To expect or hope for something: She looked to hear from the doctor within a week.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.