look (at something) through rose-coloured spectacles(redirected from look at something through rose-colored spectacles)
look (at something) through rose-coloured spectacles
To assume a generally optimistic and cheerful attitude (toward something); to focus only or mostly on the positive aspects (of something). Primarily heard in UK. I know nostalgia can be misleading, but I really look at my childhood through rose-coloured spectacles. It seems like Mary only looks through rose-coloured spectacles, like she's in incapable of dealing with the negative things in life!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- look (at something) through rose-colored glasses
- look (at something) through rose-tinted glasses
- look (at something) through rose-tinted spectacles
- see (something) through rose-coloured spectacles
- see through rose-colored glasses
- see (something) through rose-colored glasses
- wear rose-colored glasses
- through rose-coloured spectacles