live (one's) own life(redirected from lived my own life)
live (one's) own life
To act, think, or behave independently; to be true to one's own interests, judgments, and beliefs, independent of the opinions or influences of others. I've never once worried about where you would end up after finishing school. Even from a young age, you've always lived your own life. I'm sick of being expected to follow in his footsteps as this great musician—I just want to live my own life!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
live your own lifefollow your own plans and principles; be independent of others.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- live your own life
- (one's) own person
- courage of one's convictions, have the
- courage of one's convictions, to have the
- have the courage of (one's) convictions
- have the courage of convictions
- have the courage of your convictions
- have/lack the courage of your convictions
- lack the courage of (one's) convictions
- act one's age