litter (something or some place) up
To make something or some place very messy or untidy. I hate the way he litters up his desk with papers and dirty plates—it just looks really unprofessional. The room wasn't clean for more than an hour before the kids had littered it up with toys and bits of food.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
litter something up
to mess something up with litter, trash, possessions, etc. Who littered this room up? Who littered up this room?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- litter (something or some place) up
- like something the cat brought in
- like something the cat brought/dragged in
- like something the cat dragged in
- look like something the cat brought in
- look like something the cat dragged in
- look like the cat dragged in
- strew (someone or something) with (something)
- strew with