like the cat that's got the cream
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
like the cat that got the cream
Obviously smug and/or overly pleased with oneself. After her promotion, Janet spent the rest of the day looking like the cat that got the cream.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
like the cat that's got (or who's stolen) the creamself-satisfied; having achieved your objective. informal, chiefly British
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- like the cat that got the cream
- like the cat that got, stole, etc. the cream
- like the cat that stole the cream
- look like the cat that ate the canary
- look like the cat that swallowed the canary
- wash (one's) hands of (someone or something)
- wash one's hands of
- wash your hands of somebody/something
- wash your hands of something/someone