lift, blow, etc. the lid off something
lift the lid off (something)
To expose something to the public, often something scandalous or deceptive. That company's stock price plummeted after the media lifted the lid off the CEO's embezzlement scandal.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
lift, blow, etc. the ˈlid off something(informal) tell people unpleasant or shocking facts about something: The story in today’s paper really lifts the lid off the use of drugs in horse racing.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a whack at (something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best
- a thing of the past