leave (someone) to it(redirected from leaving her to it)
leave (someone) to it
To allow someone to do something without one's involvement or interference; to withdraw from someone so they can do or finish something alone. I just had a question about the order, but I can see that you're busy, so I'll just leave you to it. We left him to it after he made it clear that he didn't need our help.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
leave someone to it
to withdraw and allow someone to finish something alone. I hate to leave before the job is finished, but I'll have to leave you to it. I will leave them to it. I have to go home now.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
leave somebody ˈto it(informal) allow somebody to continue doing something on their own, without your help: Oh well, we’ll leave you to it, Derek — you seem to be managing very well by yourself.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- (someone or something) promises well
- be partial to (someone or something)
- be/have done with somebody/something
- be in line with (someone or something)
- better of
- be replaced by (someone or something)
- be replaced with (someone or something)
- begin with
- begin with (someone or something)
- at the expense of somebody/something