leave the door open for (something or doing something)(redirected from leaves the door open for)
leave the door open for (something or doing something)
To maintain or create the possibility of doing something or something happening in the future; to not prevent something from taking place at some point. We parted ways, but we left the door open for working together again sometime. The bill addresses several of our complaints, but it still leaves the door open for tax evasion by the largest corporations.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
leave the door open forensure that there is still an opportunity for something.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- a fast talker
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a/the feel of (something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- (there's) no fear of (something)
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)