Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to lard: leaf lard
A disparaging term for an obese person. Primarily heard in UK.
tub of lard
A highly derogatory term for an obese person. These glamour magazines make it seem like anyone who's not a cover model is basically a tub of lard.
lard (something) with (something)
1. To cover or coat (something) with something rich in or composed of fat. The key to crispy roasted potatoes is to lard them with duck fat before baking. Marinade the turkey crown for at least 12 hours, then lard it with strips of bacon.
2. To fill or inject something with a lot of things that are useless, unwanted, or undesirable. Usually used in reference to nontangible things. Often used in passive constructions. She larded her speech with malicious rhetoric and invective. My dad's stories are always larded with these pointless tangents that seem to drag on for an eternity.
larded with (something)
Containing or thoroughly filled with a lot of something, especially that which is useless, unwanted, or undesirable. Her speech was larded with malicious rhetoric and invective. My dad's stories are always larded with these pointless tangents that seem to drag on for an eternity. The attic was larded with old junk the family had accumulated over four generations.
tub of lard
a fat person. (Insulting.) Who's that tub of lard who just came in? That tub of lard can hardly get through the door.
1. To cover or coat something with lard or a similar fatty substance: The cook larded the rice with pork fat.
2. To enrich or embellish something thoroughly with extra material: The performer larded the monologue with boring stories. The report was larded with unnecessary quotations.
1. n. someone with very fat buttocks. (see also crisco.) Here comes that lard ass again.
2. n. very large buttocks. (Rude and derogatory.) I’m gonna have to do something about this lard ass of mine.
tub of lardand tub of guts
n. a fat person. (Cruel. Also a rude term of address.) Shut up, you stupid tub of lard! Who’s that tub of guts who just came in?