Also found in: Dictionary, Wikipedia.
1. Not at all cool, trendy, or fashionable; undesirable or unlikable. I know you think it's lame to get dropped off to school by your mom each morning, but I'm not letting you walk the whole way on your own. All kids come to think their parents are lame at some point or another, and you're fooling yourself if you think you're going to be the exception.
2. Utterly weak, ineffectual, or inept; completely unimpressive or incompetent. With such lame special effects and a cookie-cutter plot, the movie was a complete waste of time.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
lameand laine and lane
1. mod. inept; inadequate; undesirable. That guy’s so lame, it’s pitiful.
2. n. a square person. (Streets. Underworld.) Let’s see if that lame over there has anything we want in his pockets.
3. n. an inept person. The guy turned out to be a lame, and we had to fire him.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.