laid-back(redirected from laid-backness)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. Calm, casual, or at ease. The laid-back vibe of that restaurant is perfect for our party. Oh, I'm sure Tim isn't worried about any of this—he's so laid-back.
2. Intoxicated. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really laid-back!
1. calm and relaxed. Willie is not what I would call laid back. You are really one laid-back guy!
2. intoxicated. He's a little laid back and can't come to the phone. How can those guys work when they are laid back by noon?
1. mod. calm and relaxed. Sam is not what I would call laid back.
2. mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. He’s a little laid back and can’t come to the phone.