laid-back(redirected from laid-backness)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. Calm, casual, or at ease. The laid-back vibe of that restaurant is perfect for our party. Oh, I'm sure Tim isn't worried about any of this—he's so laid-back.
2. Intoxicated. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really laid-back!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. calm and relaxed. Willie is not what I would call laid back. You are really one laid-back guy!
2. intoxicated. He's a little laid back and can't come to the phone. How can those guys work when they are laid back by noon?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. mod. calm and relaxed. Sam is not what I would call laid back.
2. mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. He’s a little laid back and can’t come to the phone.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.