know (one's) way about(redirected from know way about)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
know (one's) way about
1. To be familiar with a particular place or area and be able to navigate around it. I don't know my way about the building yet, so can you direct me to the cafeteria?
2. To know and understand how something works. Thanks to smartphones, you don't need to know your way about a professional camera to take a fine picture these days.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
know your way aˈbout/aˈround (something)be familiar with a place, with how things are done etc.; be experienced: I’d used the library before, so I knew my way around and found the book quite quickly.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- know your way about/around
- know (one's) way around
- know one's way around
- know way around
- find a way around
- find a/(one's) way around (someone or something)
- know (something) like the back of (one's) hand
- know something like the back of your hand
- make (one's) way through
- know (something) backwards and forwards