know (something) like the palm of (one's) hand(redirected from know it like the palm of your hand)
know (something) like the palm of (one's) hand
To be extremely familiar with a particular subject, place, or piece of media. I've read this book so many times that I know it like the palm of my hand at this point. You should ask Samantha for directions—she knows this town like the palm of her hand.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
know someone or something like the palm of one's handand know someone or something like the back of one's hand; know someone or something like a book
to know someone or something very well. Of course I know John. I know him like the back of my hand. I know him like a book.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- know (something) like the back of (one's) hand
- know something like the back of your hand
- know backwards and forwards and know forwards and backwards
- know (something) backwards and forwards
- know like a book, to
- have a familiar ring
- in a familiar way
- get used to (someone or something)
- familiar with (someone or something)