Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. rude slang To impregnate someone. A noun or pronoun can be used between "knock" and "up." I really hope I didn't knock her up—I'm not ready to be a dad!
2. To awaken or call for someone by knocking at their door. A noun or pronoun can be used between "knock" and "up." Primarily heard in UK. I can knock you up when my alarm goes off.
1. rude slang Pregnant. I really hope she isn't knocked up—I'm not ready to be a dad!
2. Damaged or harmed. That box got a little knocked up when it fell off the shelf.
3. slang Drunk. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really knocked up!
1. Lit. battered; beaten. Sally was a little knocked up by the accident. This book is a little knocked up, so I'll lower the price.
2. Sl. intoxicated. Bill was knocked up and didn't want to drive. Wow, was that guy knocked up!
3. Inf. pregnant; made pregnant. Sue got knocked up but won't say who the father is.
1. mod. battered; beaten. Sally was a little knocked up by the accident.
2. mod. alcohol intoxicated. Bill was knocked up and didn’t want to drive.
3. mod. pregnant. Taylor got knocked up again.