knock up(redirected from knock me up)
1. rude slang To impregnate someone. A noun or pronoun can be used between "knock" and "up." I really hope I didn't knock her up—I'm not ready to be a dad!
2. To awaken or call for someone by knocking at their door. A noun or pronoun can be used between "knock" and "up." Primarily heard in UK. I can knock you up when my alarm goes off.
1. rude slang Pregnant. I really hope she isn't knocked up—I'm not ready to be a dad!
2. Damaged or harmed. That box got a little knocked up when it fell off the shelf.
3. slang Drunk. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really knocked up!
knock someone up
Inf. to make a woman pregnant. (See also knocked up.) They say it was Willie who knocked her up. He did not knock up Sue. I did.
1. Lit. battered; beaten. Sally was a little knocked up by the accident. This book is a little knocked up, so I'll lower the price.
2. Sl. intoxicated. Bill was knocked up and didn't want to drive. Wow, was that guy knocked up!
3. Inf. pregnant; made pregnant. Sue got knocked up but won't say who the father is.
1. Make pregnant, as in The young girl said she was afraid of getting knocked up. [Slang; early 1800s]
2. Injure or damage, as in This coffee table got all knocked up in the moving van.
1. Vulgar Slang To make someone pregnant.
2. Chiefly British To wake up or summon someone, as by knocking at the door: The hotel clerk knocked me up at 7:00 in the morning.
1. mod. battered; beaten. Sally was a little knocked up by the accident.
2. mod. alcohol intoxicated. Bill was knocked up and didn’t want to drive.
3. mod. pregnant. Taylor got knocked up again.