keep (one) waiting(redirected from keeps one waiting)
keep (one) waiting
To force one to wait to get something or for something to happen. We were asked to be at the court at 9 AM for the hearing, but they kept us waiting for over three hours. Sorry I kept you waiting—my car ran out of gas halfway here.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
keep somebody ˈwaitingmake somebody wait or be delayed, especially because you arrive late: I’m sorry to have kept you waiting.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a/the feel of (something)
- (one) won't hear of (something)
- all right
- (one's) heart is set on (something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- (one) could use (something)
- a crack at (someone or something)
- (there's) no fear of (something)
- (you) wanna make something of it?