keep (someone) on a short leash(redirected from keeps her on a short leash)
keep (someone) on a short leash
To maintain strict or tight control over someone; to not allow someone very much independence or autonomy. Ever since George nearly lost his life savings in a drunken poker match, his husband started keeping him on a short leash. The boss has kept her assistant on a short leash ever since she hired her.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- be ships that pass in the night
- be like ships that pass in the night
- be like ships passing in the night
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league