keep (someone or oneself) in ignorance(redirected from keeps her in ignorance)
keep (someone or oneself) in ignorance
To ensure that someone or oneself remains oblivious to, ignorant of, or misled about the truth. Often followed by "of" or "about" something. The dictatorship has kept its citizens in ignorance of the outside world as a way of keeping them under control. The news just depresses me these days, so I prefer to simply keep myself in ignorance. The boss kept the entire team in ignorance about the company's mounting financial troubles.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
keep someone in ignorance (about someone or something)
to prevent someone from learning specific information about someone or something. I think we had better keep them all in ignorance about the money for a while. I don't know about her. I have kept my self in ignorance on purpose.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- leave oneself wide open for
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open for (something)
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open to (something)
- leave open
- leave yourself wide open to something
- reproach (someone or something) with (something)
- reproach with
- sell (someone, something, or oneself) short
- sell short
- sell someone or something short