keep somebody waiting
keep (one) waiting
To force one to wait to get something or for something to happen. We were asked to be at the court at 9 AM for the hearing, but they kept us waiting for over three hours. Sorry I kept you waiting—my car ran out of gas halfway here.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
keep somebody ˈwaitingmake somebody wait or be delayed, especially because you arrive late: I’m sorry to have kept you waiting.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a/the feel of (something)
- (one) won't hear of (something)
- all right
- (one's) heart is set on (something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- (one) could use (something)
- a crack at (someone or something)
- (there's) no fear of (something)
- (you) wanna make something of it?