keep (one) dangling(redirected from keep dangling)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
keep (one) dangling
To maintain some form of relationship with someone without revealing one's true feelings or intentions; to keep someone in an uncertain position. If you don't want to marry him, then you have to tell him that—you can't keep him dangling any longer! A: "I'm never going to get a promotion, am I?" B: "With the way the boss keeps you dangling, I doubt it."
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
keep someone danglingkeep someone, especially a would-be suitor, in an uncertain position.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- attend to
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time