be kacking it
slang To be very nervous, anxious, or fearful. A euphemistic variant of the more common (and more vulgar) expression "be shitting it." It was my first performance in front of a live audience, so I was kacking it all day long beforehand. The boss said he wants to talk to me in private later on today, and now I'm kacking it that I'm going to get fired!
See also: kacking
1. noun, slang Trash, rubbish, or waste. I want to do a big cleanup of the house and get rid of all the kack we don't use anymore.
2. noun, slang Excrement. A: "Ew, what's that smell?" B: "I think someone's got kack on their shoes."
3. noun, slang Gunk, goop, or crud. Yuck, I'm not smearing that kack on my skin! The plumber discovered that a layer of foul-smelling kack had started forming around the inner walls of the pipes.
4. noun, slang By extension, that which is useless, baseless, or worthless. Oh, that's just a bunch of old kack. Don't believe a word of it! This used to be a reputable website for news about science, but now it's just full of clickbait kack.
5. verb, slang To defecate. I nearly kacked my pants from fright!
6. verb, slang To kill (someone). I heard the mob kacked him for talking to the police.
1. rude slang To cover or fill something with goop or gunk. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "kack" and "up." ("Kack" is a slang term for feces, used figuratively here.) You're going to kack up the engine if you don't get your oil changed more regularly. The pipes were all kacked up with years of dirt and debris.
2. rude slang By extension, to cause something to malfunction or work poorly. Usually used in passive constructions. I tried using a program to clean up and optimize my computer, but it's still kacked up.
3. rude slang To ruin, bungle, or make a mess of something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "kack" and "up." The government really kacked up the new online system for filing tax returns. He didn't study for the test at all, so it's no surprise that he kacked it up.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.