Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. noun, slang Electricity. I tried plugging the machine into the wall, but there was no juice coming out of the outlet.
2. noun, slang Alcohol, especially wine or a distilled liquor. We've got to make sure we have enough juice to make cocktails for everyone.
3. noun, slang Fuel for an engine. A: "We're just not getting up to speed." B: "Are you giving it enough juice?"
4. noun, slang Performance-enhancing drugs, especially anabolic steroids. At first, I only used the juice once in a while to give my workout a bit of a boost, but by the end of the year I was a total juice freak.
5. verb, slang To use performance-enhancing drugs, especially anabolic steroids. You could tell the guy juices from his grotesquely muscular physique. The athlete was suspected of juicing for most of his career.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. liquor; wine. Let’s go get some juice and get stewed.
2. in. to drink heavily. Both of them were really juicing.
3. n. electricity. Turn on the juice, and let’s see if it runs.
4. n. energy; power; political influence. Dave left the president’s staff because he just didn’t have the juice anymore to be useful.
5. n. orange juice futures market. (Securities markets. Usually with the.) The juice opened a little high today, but fell quickly under profit taking.
6. n. anabolic steroids. Fred used too much juice and is growing witch tits.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- big juice
- BO juice
- cactus juice
- cow juice
- get (one's) juices flowing
- gorilla juice
- happy juice
- idiot juice
- joy juice
- juice (someone or something) back to life
- juice (someone or something) back up
- juice and cookies
- juice back
- juice freak
- juice head
- juice house
- juice joint
- juice monkey
- juice racket
- juice something back
- juice something up
- juice up
- jungle juice
- juniper juice
- leave (one) to stew in (one's) own juice(s)
- let (one) stew in (one's) own juice(s)
- let someone stew in their own juice
- moo juice
- noodle juice
- olive juice
- on the juice
- stew in (one's) (own) juice(s)
- stew in one's own juice
- stew in one's own juice, left to
- stew in own juice
- stew in your own juice
- tiger juice
- tiger sweat
- tiger('s) juice
- tomato juice
- tornado juice
- torpedo juice